miércoles, 17 de febrero de 2016

Counting Stars?

"Counting Stars"  was a hit by OneRepublic in 2013, which was based on a folk song with pop and disco arrangements.
Both the catchy song and the video are extremely popular and lots of parodies have been made about it. 
You can watch the video and complete the following activities

Activities

1.  ACTIVITY ON THE SONG:  Click in the link and complete the blanks in the worksheet

2.  RELATIVE CLAUSES IN THE SONG

You have placed two relative sentences in the song in the previous activity, but there are more.  Now you have to change these relatives in red taken from the song and adapt them to your own life. 

Dreaming about the things that we could be.
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive.
Sink in the river the lessons I learned. 
Everything that drowns me makes me want to fly.

I see this life like a swinging vine.( a vine that swings)
As I said before, there are lot of parodies, but one of my favourites is the one featuring Disney Villains. 
You can see the Evil Queen of Snow White, Maleficient from Angelina Jolie's movie, Jafar in Aladdin, Ursula in The Little Mermaid and Captain Hook in Peter Pan, Hades in Hercules, Cruella de Vil in 101 Dalmations "said no more counting puppies" while Scar sings he's the one that's "gettin' sleep," because he's the King after all.

"Lately I been, I been losing sleep dreaming about how evil I could be. But Villains, I been, I been tryin' hard (hey!). It’s tough to climb the ladder when you're counting Scars."




 

No hay comentarios: