lunes, 10 de febrero de 2014

SAINT VALENTINE´S DAY

We all know about Saint Valentine's story, we already know about the origin of the celebration. 
You can agree on it or not but it's obvious it doesn't go unnoticed every year.
Whether you celebrate it or not, it's a good opportunity to listen to a good and romantic song. 

Annie's Song was written and sung by John Denver in 1974, it was a tribute to his wife when he was climbing a mountain in Aspen, Colorado. He felt the beauty of the landscape and that "filled all his senses" and made him think about his wife. 

John Denver was born in New Mexico in 1943, he was a folk/ country singer and composer but also an activist worried about wildlife and environment. He died in a plane crash into the Pacific ocean in 1997.   
                                                    ANNIE'S SONG 


1. Listen to the song and complete the blanks with the following words:
be- laughter- lay- die- arms -drown- give- love- senses- night- forest- mountains- walk
desert- springtime- rain- storm- ocean- sleepy 

You fill up my .............
Like a .............. in the ................
Like the ..................... in ............................
Like a .................... in the ......................
Like a ...................  in the .....................
Like a ................... blue ...........................
You fill up my senses, come fill me again.
Come let me ............... you
Let me ................ my life to you.
Let me .................... in your ......................
Let me .................... in your .....................
Let me ................ down beside you
Let me always ........ with you.
Come let me love you 
Come love me again 

2. Write down all the prepositions you find: 

3. Discuss
  1. What do you think about love songs?
  2. Are they so romantic now?
  3. Mention any romantic songs/ ballads you know and their singers
  4. What do you feel when you listen to  a song like this?
  5. Do you celebrate Saint Valentine's Day? Do you agree with it?
Click on the following link  if  you want to know IDIOMS RELATED TO LOVE

A different activity with the song My Valentine by Paul MacCartney

 

No hay comentarios: